MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Van Dijck Date:September 19 2006 2:12pm
Subject:query question: updating between 2 tables
View as plain text
Hi all,
trying to figure out if there is a query I can use for this, or if I
have to write a php script to loop tru each row...

table1:
entryid int(11)
itemid int(11)

table2:
object_id int(11)

The situation is: table2.objectid is populated with the values of
table1.itemid, but they have to be replaced with the corresponding
table1.entryid.

I could do in PHP:
- select * from table2
- for each row, update table2 with select from table1

but I am wondering if there is 1 query that could take care of this?

Peter

--
find videoblogs: http://mefeedia.com
my blog: http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/