List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dominik Klein Date:April 21 2006 1:47pm
Subject:Re: (Errcode: 13) after moving data directory
View as plain text
boll schrieb:
> Hi-
> Using MySQL 4.1.11 on Fedora 4.
> I moved my data directory to a FAT partition in order to share it with
> Windows dual-boot.
> Now when I try to start mysqld normally, it fails with these messages in
> the log:
>
> 060420 18:16:03  mysqld started
> 060420 18:16:03 [Warning] Can't create test file
> /mnt/FAT/mysqldata/localhost.lower-test
> /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't change dir to '/mnt/FAT/mysqldata/'
> (Errcode: 13)
> 060420 18:16:03 [ERROR] Aborting
>
> However, I can start mysqld using: mysqld_safe, so I know it's possible.
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Did you check FAT-permissions?
When mounting a FAT-partition, you have to set explicit permissions
while mounting as FAT does not understand the unix permission concept.

Try to mount this way:
mount -t vfat -o uid=mysql,gid=mysql,rw,umask=007 /dev/[yourdevicename]
/your/mountpoint

Then it should work.

Regards,
Dominik
Thread
(Errcode: 13) after moving data directoryboll21 Apr
  • Re: (Errcode: 13) after moving data directoryDominik Klein21 Apr
    • Re: (Errcode: 13) after moving data directoryboll21 Apr
      • Re: (Errcode: 13) after moving data directoryboll25 Apr