List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sheeri kritzer Date:February 9 2006 6:32pm
Subject:Re: mysql -u root@XXX.XXX.XXX
View as plain text
Firstly, the correct syntax for the mysql client is:

mysql -u root -h hostname_or_ip_address -p

and then enter the password you are prompted.

You need to make sure you can connect FIRST, and THEN try replication.
 Running replication as root is a bad idea, by the way.  Better to set
up a replication user with minimal grants, and use that user.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto.html

for details.

If this doesn't help, try copying and pasting what you type and what's
returned.  "It didn't work" and "I got an error" are not sufficient.

-Sheeri

mysql -u root@XXX.XXX.XXXChen Abella9 Feb
  • Re: mysql -u root@XXX.XXX.XXXsheeri kritzer9 Feb