MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stearne Date:December 31 2005 3:02am
Subject:Re: Problem With FulltText Index and VarChar
View as plain text
On 12/30/05, Gleb Paharenko <gleb.paharenko@stripped> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> > I guess my question is, how do I make sure the full text search is
> > being done against the CommentsIDX and not just against the individual
> > fields...
>

> This shows that the search is done against concatenation of the fields:
>
> mysql> select a, b, match(a,b) against('search words') from ab where
> match(a,b) against('+search +words' in boolean mode);
> +--------+-------+------------------------------------+
> | a      | b     | match(a,b) against('search words') |
> +--------+-------+------------------------------------+
> | search | words |                    1.7514755725861 |
> +--------+-------+------------------------------------+

Thanks so much for your help.  Everything makes sense.  One this I did
come across though is that if you are using a multi-column index you
have to include all the columns in the index in your select statement.
e.g. MATCH (Comment, heading, ...)

Thanks,
Michael
Thread
Problem With FulltText Index and VarCharMichael Stearne27 Dec
  • Re: Problem With FulltText Index and VarCharGleb Paharenko28 Dec
    • Re: Problem With FulltText Index and VarCharMichael Stearne30 Dec
      • Re: Problem With FulltText Index and VarCharGleb Paharenko30 Dec
        • Re: Problem With FulltText Index and VarCharMichael Stearne31 Dec