MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:AESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati] Date:November 18 2005 1:37pm
Subject:setup permission for stored procedure on mysql 5
View as plain text
If I defined I stored procedure as root I can't be able to call this
procedure from a normal user.
I tried to grant it the execute method but the sintax seems wrong

For example suppose a simple store procedure like this:
CREATE PROCEDURE `test_root`()
BEGIN
   declare a int default 0;
END

if I try to grant the execute permission to other users I got an error like
this:

mysql> grant execute on test_root to '%'@localhost;
ERROR 1144 (42000): Illegal GRANT/REVOKE command; please consult the manual
to s
ee which privileges can be used

The only way to get stored procedure working is to create it as normal
users, but this is not a polite way.

Someone can help ?
Regards, Enzo
enzo.arlati@stripped

Thread
A few questions about triggers in MySQL 5Jenny Chen17 Nov
  • Re: A few questions about triggers in MySQL 5Gleb Paharenko17 Nov
    • setup permission for stored procedure on mysql 5AESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]18 Nov
      • R: setup permission for stored procedure on mysql 5AESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]21 Nov