List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Burden Date:November 18 2005 12:11am
Subject:Multiple Query Execution
View as plain text
Hello,
   Am I correct in thinking that if there are no dependencies
   between the multiple statements then the various statements
   are executed "simultaneously" by separate threads in the
   server?

   If so is there any way to turn this behaviour off and just
   use multiple query execution syntax to reduce the comms
   overhead between client and server?

   I am trying to do a comparatively large number of simple
   insertions into a particular table. [Currently about
   500 per second.]

   MySQL 5.0.13 under Solaris. C API.
Thread
Multiple Query ExecutionPeter Burden18 Nov