MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David (SST - Adelaide) Logan Date:October 24 2005 2:22am
Subject:RE: Should I buy commercial license?
View as plain text
Hi Jasper and Kenji,

There used to be a commercial license that was about $149.00 (USD) AFAIK
without support as this was available separately. I would presume that
the numbers of people buying this as opposed to a complete package with
support was probably rather small hence a replacement by the
community/network editions packaging the different needs and
requirements of large companies vs. small scale developers.

If any larger scale enterprise is considering MySQL (as they should 8-))
the network is a very cheap way of getting commercially available and
supported software (certainly in comparison to some of the other DB's I
come across. I also believe that you can certainly distribute MySQL as
long as your software is distributed under the same license. If you wish
to have a closed source product, you would be required to purchase a
commercial license. The license has become an annual subscription rather
than a one off payment.

See https://shop.mysql.com/network_features.html for a list and
comparison of features for the different levels.

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator
HP Managed Services