MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jasper Bryant-Greene Date:October 24 2005 2:09am
Subject:Re: Should I buy commercial license?
View as plain text
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 09:29 +0900, Kenji HIROHAMA wrote:
> On 10/24/05, Jasper Bryant-Greene <jasper@stripped> wrote:
> > That's not necessarily true. Many people need to buy a license because
> > they need the support that comes with paying for the software, or they
> > need to support the development of a product that they are likely to
> > rely on for their business.
>
> But MySQL commercial license is just license and doesn't come with the support.
> (MySQL Network include the support, though.)
>
> So, I think, "support" would not be the reason to buy commercial
> license in MySQL case.

I think you are confused about what the MySQL commercial license is.

As I understand it, MySQL commercial license *is* MySQL Network, as
detailed at the following URL:

http://www.mysql.com/network/compare.html

I cannot find anything on the MySQL website about purchasing a
commercial license without support.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
General Manager

e: jasper@stripped
w: http://www.album.co.nz/
p: 0800 4 ALBUM (0800 425 286) or +64 21 232 3303
a: PO Box 579, Christchurch 8015, New Zealand

Thread
Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA21 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jacques Marneweck21 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?RedRed!com IT Department21 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA22 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Gleb Paharenko22 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Alexey Polyakov23 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jasper Bryant-Greene23 Oct
      • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA24 Oct
        • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jasper Bryant-Greene24 Oct
          • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA24 Oct
RE: Should I buy commercial license?SST - Adelaide)24 Oct