MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Kasky Date:October 23 2005 10:40pm
Subject:Re: Problem Upgrading
View as plain text
Thanks for pointing me in that direction.  The client from the binary
distro works fine.

I guess I should just stick with the binaries ;-)

Ed

<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/debugging-client.html>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/debugging-client.html

 >But if I were you I would check first if mysql client from the official
 >binaries produces the same faults.
 >
 >Ed Kasky wrote:
 >>
 >> I am attempting to upgrade using the source from 4.1.13 to 4.1.15 on a
 >> Redhat 7.2 machine and have been experiencing problems using the mysql
 >> client.  I keep having to revert back to 4.1.13 as it installs just fine.
 >>
 >> # mysql -h localhost -u root
 >>
 >> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
 >> Your MySQL connection id is 34 to server version: 4.1.15-log
 >>
 >> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
 >>
 >> mysql>  \h
 >> Segmentation fault
 >>
 >> My searches keep coming up empty.  I posted this to the list a while
 >> back but haven't been able to solve it.

Randomly Generated Quote (847 of 1008):
The road to Hades is easy to travel.
                 -- Bion

Thread
Problem UpgradingEd Kasky21 Oct
  • Re: Problem UpgradingGleb Paharenko22 Oct
  • Re: Problem UpgradingEd Kasky24 Oct