MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ugo Bellavance Date:October 21 2005 3:55pm
Subject: Re: ssh connecting with a mysql client I get: ERROR 2013
View as plain text
Gleb Paharenko wrote:
> Hello.
>

> Can you connect using the mysql command line client program?
>

> "leegold" <leegold@stripped> wrote:
>
>> ssh connecting with a mysql client gui I get:  ERROR 2013 Lost
>
>> connection to MySQL server during query
>

>> I'm using mysqlyog and trying connect via the ssh tunnel. I can connect
>
>> with out the ssh w/mysqljog OK. It's a very nice client and would like
>
>> to get this working. I have googled it but nothing seems to ring a bell.
>
>> I can ssh connect with Putty OK.
>

>> Is this a problem on the mysql on server or my desktop? What can it be?

I solved that by using the real IP address of the MySQL server and not
"localhost" or "127.0.0.1" in my ssh tunnel.  Then make sure you have
proper permissions for the user, since the user will come from the real
IP address.

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.

Thread
ssh connecting with a mysql client I get: ERROR 2013leegold3 Feb
  • Re: ssh connecting with a mysql client I get: ERROR 2013Gleb Paharenko4 Feb
    • Re: ssh connecting with a mysql client I get: ERROR 2013Ugo Bellavance21 Oct