MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:RedRed!com IT Department Date:October 21 2005 3:16pm
Subject:Re: Should I buy commercial license?
View as plain text
> Hi Hirohama,
>
> Due to the fact that MySQL is licensed under a dual licensing system,
> you do not need to purchase a license of MySQL for using the database
> software for commercial use.  You have a choice in the case that you
> don't like the terms of the GPL license[1], you can choose to license
> the software under a commercial license[2] from MySQL AB.
>
> For example you write a web interface to access data stored on a MySQL
> database, you do not need a license for MySQL, in terms of the GPL and
> you can freely utilise any version of MySQL which has been licensed
> under the GPL even if they change the license for future versions of
> MySQL you can continue to use the last version which was released under
> the GPL.
>
> Regards
> --jm

But, it would be a good idea to support the further development of the
database by contributing to MySQL either by donations or license fees.
Especially, if you like the product well enough to use it commercially.
Thread
Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA21 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jacques Marneweck21 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?RedRed!com IT Department21 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA22 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Gleb Paharenko22 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Alexey Polyakov23 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jasper Bryant-Greene23 Oct
      • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA24 Oct
        • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jasper Bryant-Greene24 Oct
          • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA24 Oct
RE: Should I buy commercial license?SST - Adelaide)24 Oct