MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kenji HIROHAMA Date:October 21 2005 11:50am
Subject:Should I buy commercial license?
View as plain text
(I've posted to forums, but also send to this ML.)

Hi,

I took a look at mysql.com, but I still have a question about
commercial license.

If we build and host a web-system with MySQL, which provide services
to customers not for free.
Customers pay for our services.

In this case, we don't distribute our softwre/system directly to our customers.

I heard from someone of MySQL AB, probaly CEO, that people should buy
commercial license if MySQL Server is used for their business. (in
other words, making profit with MySQL Server.)

Should we buy commercial license in my case?

Thanks,
hirohama
Thread
Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA21 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jacques Marneweck21 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?RedRed!com IT Department21 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA22 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Gleb Paharenko22 Oct
  • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Alexey Polyakov23 Oct
    • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jasper Bryant-Greene23 Oct
      • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA24 Oct
        • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Jasper Bryant-Greene24 Oct
          • Re: Should I buy commercial license?Kenji HIROHAMA24 Oct
RE: Should I buy commercial license?SST - Adelaide)24 Oct