MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeffrey Goldberg Date:October 20 2005 1:40am
Subject:Re: Turning tables on their side
View as plain text
[posted only]

On Oct 19, 2005, at 3:48 PM, sheeri kritzer wrote:

> One particular bit of SQL you may find helpful is this:
>
> concat(ifnull(a_id,""),ifnull(a_text,""))
>
> concat with anything and a null value will produce a null value.  That
> snippet of sql code will help you get one answer from the 2 the
> original database had.

Thank you.  I can immediately see several places where that will come
in handy

> Unless there's ever an answer_id AND an
> answer_text, although the example doesn't support that.

Well, there shouldn't be any cases like that, but I'll can run a
quick query to check.

Thank you for all of your help.

-j

Thread
Turning tables on their sideJeffrey Goldberg19 Oct
  • Re: Turning tables on their sideBrent Baisley19 Oct
    • Re: Turning tables on their sideJeffrey Goldberg19 Oct
    • Re: Turning tables on their sidesheeri kritzer19 Oct
      • Re: Turning tables on their sideJeffrey Goldberg20 Oct
RE: Turning tables on their sideJon Frisby19 Oct