MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeffrey Goldberg Date:October 19 2005 8:44pm
Subject:Re: Turning tables on their side
View as plain text
[mailed and posted]

On Oct 19, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Brent Baisley wrote:

> The person you inherited from formatted the data correctly in my
> opinion.

I agree.

> What you are trying to do is store the data as you see it, which is
> rarely a normalized data model. Your presentation layer should
> handle the formatting for the user.

I'm sorry that I didn't make the question clear.  My goal is to
export an MS-Excel file that looks like my target.  I do not wish to
change how things are done in the DB.  The end-users will want a
spreadsheet like that for doing their analysis.  Not for queries.

I'm using phpmyadmin which will do an Excel export of a table for
me.  I just need to create the temporary table long enough to do the
export.

-j
Thread
Turning tables on their sideJeffrey Goldberg19 Oct
  • Re: Turning tables on their sideBrent Baisley19 Oct
    • Re: Turning tables on their sideJeffrey Goldberg19 Oct
    • Re: Turning tables on their sidesheeri kritzer19 Oct
      • Re: Turning tables on their sideJeffrey Goldberg20 Oct
RE: Turning tables on their sideJon Frisby19 Oct