List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walt Date:October 11 2005 2:48pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Hangs
View as plain text
Velu Shk wrote:

> Related: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/44164
> No solutions mentioned here.
>
> Slack 10.1 is booting and once the newly installed MySQL Standard
> 4.1.14 starts up with:
> "Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data"
>  The system hangs and is dead to the world. I will need some time to
> prepare a disk for recovery to get past this inconvenience. Perhaps a
> hotkey workaround I am unaware of will allow init to skip this
> standstill?
>

> - velusip

Velu,
If you boot the system into run level 1, you should be able to remove
the symlink from the appropriate rc.x directory. Once you've done that,
the machine will boot and maybe you can find something in the mysql
error log. If you don't see anything there, adding strace to the mysql
startup script might give some more info which would be helpful in
solving your problem.

walt

Thread
Re: MySQL HangsVelu Shk11 Oct