List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn van den Burg Date:September 29 2005 3:45pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB error "unable to create temporary file"
View as plain text
Hi Jörg,

On Thursday 29 September 2005 12:09, you wrote:
> Hi Martijn, all!
>
> Martijn van den Burg wrote (reordered)

> >[[...]]
> >
>  > TMPDIR is not set explicitly, and the first 'fallback' directory in
>  > that case is '/tmp', which is accessible and has enough diskspace.
>  > At least, when I checked this morning.
>
> You said this is Solaris.
>
> AFAIK, Solaris uses the same disk area for "/tmp" and paging, so the
> available space for files in "/tmp" may vary even without files being
> manipulated.
>
> I propose you set TMPDIR to point to some other disk area.

'df' indeed shows that /tmp is the swap partition, although mysql can still
create files there (i.e. it's not like Linux's partition type 82, which you
can't write to normally IIRC).

I'll check swapping.

Unfortunately I'll have to reboot to change TMPDIR, and the users won't like
that :(

</Martijn>
Thread
InnoDB error "unable to create temporary file"Martijn van den Burg28 Sep
  • Re: InnoDB error "unable to create temporary file"Gleb Paharenko28 Sep
    • Re: InnoDB error "unable to create temporary file"Martijn van den Burg28 Sep
      • Re: InnoDB error "unable to create temporary file"Joerg Bruehe29 Sep
        • Re: InnoDB error "unable to create temporary file"Martijn van den Burg29 Sep
RE: InnoDB error "unable to create temporary file"Martijn van den Burg5 Oct