MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karima Velasquez Date:August 16 2005 10:15pm
Subject:Re: character encoding
View as plain text
uhmmm...

i'll give a try to mysql_real_escape_string(), which i understand formats
the data into a valid sql string (without any special characters, like \ and
' ).

shoud i use an analog function when retriving the data? because if i
"encode" the data, shouldn't i "decode" it?

if so, which function should i use?

thanks for your replys....

karima

On 8/16/05, Warren Young <warren@stripped> wrote:

> Karima Velasquez wrote:
> > character is: \ (backslash).
>
> Of course that will cause problems. This is the escape character in
> SQL, used extensively when inserting BLOB data. Again, I believe
> MySQL++ would have prevented this problem, because its escape
> manipulator would have escaped the backslashes.
>
> If you don't want to use MySQL++, then use mysql_escape_string() (or
> mysql_real_escape_string()) in the C API, which MySQL++'s escape
> manipulator is based on.

character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
  • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
    • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
      • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
        • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
          • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
            • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez16 Aug
              • Re: character encodingWarren Young16 Aug
                • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez17 Aug
                  • Re: character encodingJasper Bryant-Greene17 Aug