List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karima Velasquez Date:August 16 2005 5:04pm
Subject:Re: character encoding
View as plain text
thanks to Warren for his comment on the examples...

i modified my code trying to get rigth result, but still no luck. doing a
deeper research on comparing the data stored into the database and the data
stored in the wav file at the same time, i notice that there is a character
that is not properly represented, in fact, is not represented at all! this
character is: \ (backslash). it is never written in the database, resulting
on the missmatch of the sizes of the data (wavfile=176684 bytes,
database=14181 bytes) i don't know how a simple character can create such a
difference in the sizes! :S

i was wondering if this problem may be related with the null endind problem
suggested earlier by Warren. am i rigth? does anybody have any
suggestions???

as you can see, i really need some help, and would be thankfull for any
reply...

karima

On 8/15/05, Warren Young <warren@stripped> wrote:

> Karima Velasquez wrote:
> > do you know about any sample code on
> > using BLOB columns using c++ to create querys???
>
> C++, eh? I happen to be the MySQL++ maintainer. Two of its example
> programs, cgi_image and load_file, deal with BLOBs.
>
> http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/
>
> Notice the automatic escaping, and the use of C++ strings, both of which
> render the null issue irrelevant.

character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
  • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
    • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
      • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
        • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
          • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
            • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez16 Aug
              • Re: character encodingWarren Young16 Aug
                • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez17 Aug
                  • Re: character encodingJasper Bryant-Greene17 Aug