List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:August 16 2005 2:16pm
Subject:Re: French Characters, Still no answer
View as plain text
Hello.

> Also when we use EMS mysqlmanager to view the data, it is fine, it is only
> when it comes back to the tomcat server it seems.

That means that data on the server is ok. Check the values of your
character_set_client, character_set_connection and character_set_results
variables from Tomcat's application. See:
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/charset-connection.html

> If no one has anymore ideas I think our best route is to dump it, install
> 4.0 on this server and import it back in.

Perform an import so that all fields in your table have an utf8 character
set. And tune properly the connection variables.

"James Sherwood" <jsherwood@stripped> wrote:
> Sorry, dont know how I missed: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/187794
>
> The old msql was 4.0 and the new one is 4.1.
>
> When we first imported the data the database was in latin1(my mistake) and
> we put it into production as everything seemed to work fine.
>
> We have one site that uses french characters sometimes and they compained 1
> week later.  By that time it was too late to roll back so now we have this
> problem.
>
> We tried converting the database over to Utf8 but it did not seem to fully
> work.
>
> We can put the french characters in, even from the tomcat server, but when
> they come back out to the webpage(we have a content management system) they
> are garbled.
>
> One night we did some testing and hooked the tomcat to the old database and
> everything worked fine with french characters so it has to be the new
> database.
>
> If no one has anymore ideas I think our best route is to dump it, install
> 4.0 on this server and import it back in.
>
> Everything looks ok as far as Utf8 on the tables and such, I feel that we
> are just missing one key thing that is garbling the characters.
>
> Also when we use EMS mysqlmanager to view the data, it is fine, it is only
> when it comes back to the tomcat server it seems.
>
> Thanks for your ideas thus far,
> James

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
French Characters, Still no answerJames Sherwood15 Aug
  • Re: French Characters, Still no answerBruce Dembecki15 Aug
  • Re: French Characters, Still no answerJames Sherwood15 Aug
  • Re: French Characters, Still no answerGleb Paharenko15 Aug
  • Re: French Characters, Still no answerJames Sherwood16 Aug
    • Re: French Characters, Still no answerGleb Paharenko16 Aug
  • Re: French Characters, Still no answerJames Sherwood16 Aug
    • Re: French Characters, Still no answerJason Pyeron16 Aug
  • Re: French Characters, Still no answerJames Sherwood16 Aug
Re: French Characters, Still no answerAce Dimitrievski15 Aug
  • Re: French Characters, Still no answerJames Sherwood16 Aug