List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 15 2005 7:01pm
Subject:Re: character encoding
View as plain text
Karima Velasquez wrote:

> i'm capturing raw audio/video data and want to store it into mysql. in my
> c++ program i create the query to do this, i use sprintf to create this
> query using %s format for the printing.

Um, you are aware that C strings (which sprintf uses) are
null-terminated, and that nulls will be _everywhere_ in raw video and
audio data, right?

You need to dig up some sample code on using BLOB columns.  That will
show you how to insert raw binary data into a table.
Thread
character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
  • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
    • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
      • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
        • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
          • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
            • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez16 Aug
              • Re: character encodingWarren Young16 Aug
                • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez17 Aug
                  • Re: character encodingJasper Bryant-Greene17 Aug