List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:June 15 2005 5:05pm
Subject:Re: Considering migration from MyISAM to InnoDB
View as plain text
If it works fine currently, the rule usually is: don't mess with it. :) I
would stick with MyISAM if I were you, it should be plenty good enough for
such a small table and usage as you described.

If you are experiencing performance issues, I would recommend looking at
indexes if you haven't already done so.

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Stembridge, Michael wrote:

> I currently use MyISAM on an internal web application server; our data takes
> up 10mb at this time, though this is likely to grow substantially in the
> coming year.  The database sees moderate heavy read and moderate write usage
> from 50 users.
>

> We're upgrading our sever from Red Hat 7.3 to SuSE Linux Enterprise 9.0 soon
> and have considered migrating to InnoDB as part of our upgrade.    I like
> the performance increases I've seen documented here
> http://www.innodb.com/bench.php, though I'm not sure our environment calls
> for InnoDB.   Thoughts?

Thread
Considering migration from MyISAM to InnoDBMichael Stembridge15 Jun
  • Re: Considering migration from MyISAM to InnoDBmfatene15 Jun
  • Re: Considering migration from MyISAM to InnoDBAtle Veka15 Jun
RE: Considering migration from MyISAM to InnoDBMichael Stembridge15 Jun
  • RE: Considering migration from MyISAM to InnoDBJames Nobis15 Jun