MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Don Date:June 8 2005 7:39pm
Subject:RE: Are partial searches possible?
View as plain text
Tried that but no luck.

What I want is a search that will look for '150000' (for example) in the
field BOOKING.

So if I enter '1' in my search field, it will find all instances of BOOKING
with a '1' in it.

Conversely, if I enter '12345' in my search field, it will find all
instances of BOOKING with a '12345' in it.

Hence, partial matches

Thanks,
Don

if($queryID = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM WhInventory WHERE
Match(Booking)
AGAINST ('" . mysql_escape_string($form['booking']) . "' IN BOOLEAN
MODE)
ORDER BY Booking",$dbLink)) {

Which works fine if I have an exact entry but fails for a partial entry. For
example. If I have an entry where "Booking" is 'TSIN150000' and I search on
the string 'TSIN150000', it is found.

How can I get it to find a partial match if the string I enter is only
'150000' ?

Thanks,
Don