MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Pauley II Date:June 8 2005 6:59pm
Subject:Suggestions on db server configuration - Replication & load balancing
or Clustering??
View as plain text
I need to come up with a high availability, high performance MySQL
server setup. I have two database servers half way across the country
from one another being replicated through a VPN. These db servers serve
two very busy web sites with multiple applications accessing the db.
During busy times we are seeing 1200 to 2000 QPS. For good reason our
database servers have high load averages during peek times. I have been
looking at MySQL clustering, but due to the fact that our database is
rather large the in memory only restriction will make it unfeasible. The
other option is load balancing and replication. My problem with this
setup is that there will be too many points of failure since there can
only be one master for each slave. Not to mention the lag that may be
introduced since there would be multiple servers at each location. It is
crucial to the operation of the sites that all of the servers stay in
sync at all times.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
Ed Pauley II
ed@stripped

Thread
Suggestions on db server configuration - Replication & load balancingor Clustering??Ed Pauley II8 Jun
  • Re: Suggestions on db server configuration - Replication & load balancingor Clustering??DBA)9 Jun