MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Don Date:June 8 2005 6:44pm
Subject:Are partial searches possible?
View as plain text
Using MySQL 4.0.24 with PHP 4.3.11

I have the following code:

if($queryID = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM WhInventory WHERE Match(Booking)
AGAINST ('" . mysql_escape_string($form['booking']) . "' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
ORDER BY Booking",$dbLink)) {

Which works fine if I have an exact entry but fails for a partial entry. For
example. If I have an entry where "Booking" is 'TSIN150000' and I search on
the string 'TSIN150000', it is found.

How can I get it to find a partial match if the string I enter is only
'150000' ?

Thanks,
Don

Thread
Are partial searches possible?Don8 Jun
RE: Are partial searches possible?Gordon Bruce8 Jun
  • RE: Are partial searches possible?Don8 Jun
    • RE: Are partial searches possible?Don8 Jun
      • RE: Are partial searches possible?SGreen8 Jun
RE: Are partial searches possible?Jay Blanchard8 Jun
RE: Are partial searches possible?Jay Blanchard8 Jun