MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Normann Date:June 8 2005 3:21am
Subject:RE: WebHosting with MySQL.......
View as plain text
Ashok Kumar wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>  I'm Ashok. I tried one c-cgi script which is get two
> input data from the user (thro' browser) and store it
> into MySQL Database, which is running in my m/c as a
> service. It's working well in my local pc.
>  Now i want to host that cgi pgm into one site (where
> cgi scriptings r allowed). My doubt is how can i
> invoke the database connectivity  for that. is it
> neccessary that server must have the MySQL DB?
>  Help me pls.

I'm in the dark as to what c-cgi exactly is and thus how you connect to the
MySql in the first place, but nevertheless I assume you must be establishing
the database connection first hand in your script. This being the case, you
should be able to apply a different hostname than 'localhost' in your
connection script.

Remember to verify that the grant privileges reflect the client not being on
localhost.

Peter Normann

Thread
WebHosting with MySQL.......Ashok Kumar8 Jun
  • RE: WebHosting with MySQL.......Peter Normann8 Jun
RE: WebHosting with MySQL.......Peter Normann8 Jun
RE: WebHosting with MySQL.......Peter Normann9 Jun