MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bob O'Neill Date:June 3 2005 7:10pm
Subject:max_seeks_for_key in InnoDB
View as plain text
I am having problems with MySQL inconsistently choosing the wrong index, or no index at
all, for queries on tables with 20 million rows.  Would it be a good idea for me to set
max_seeks_for_key to 1 (or something less than 4 billion), in order to force MySQL to use
an index?  We are using InnoDB.

Since InnoDB has clustered indexes, is there ever a good reason for MySQL to prefer a
table scan?

Thanks,
-Bob
Thread
max_seeks_for_key in InnoDBBob O'Neill3 Jun
  • Re: max_seeks_for_key in InnoDBmfatene3 Jun
  • Re: max_seeks_for_key in InnoDBBob O'Neill7 Jun