List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Sargent Date:May 2 2005 7:12am
Subject:Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested
by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
View as plain text
Simon Garner wrote:

> On 2/05/2005 6:05 p.m., Mark Sargent wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> master/client are the same machine. I installed via tar.gz, ver 4.1
>> following this page
>>
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/installing-binary.html
>>
>> for installation on FC3. Why would it say that the client doesn't
>> support it.? Cheers.
>>
>> P.S. I now can't log onto the server as root. So, I tried following
>> this page,
>>

> I would suggest you start again by deleting the mysql database (ie
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql)

done

> and running mysql_install_db to reinitialise the privilege tables.

get the following,
[root@localhost scripts]# ./mysql_install_db
Could not find help file 'fill_help_tables.sql' in ./support-files or
inside ..

> Alternatively try adding
>     old-passwords
> to the [mysqld] section in your my.cnf file.
>
> -Simon

Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

Thread
ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent2 May
  • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientSimon Garner2 May
    • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent2 May
      • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientSimon Garner2 May
        • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent2 May
          • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent2 May
      • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent2 May
        • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent2 May
      • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientHassan Schroeder2 May
        • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent2 May
          • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientHassan Schroeder2 May
            • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent4 May
              • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientHassan Schroeder4 May
                • Re: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requestedby server; consider upgrading MySQL clientMark Sargent5 May
RE: ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL clientJohn Schmidt2 May