MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:February 23 2005 10:17am
Subject:Re: Which version for fastest simple inserts, selects etc
View as plain text
Hi Pete!

Am Mi, den 23.02.2005 schrieb Pete Lancashire um 4:43:
> If I needed a brute force DB on an x86 platform would
> using Version 3 vs 4 buy me any performance today ?

IMO, you should not start with version 3 any more - it is too old.
Probably, you should not even start with 4.0 but use 4.1.

If you like experimenting, try 5.0 - if you want production quality,
take one of 4.0 or 4.1 (preferred).

> 90% inserts, 5% simple selects, 5% other.

My position is not based on features but on development status.

HTH,
Joerg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Performance of Sockets vs. TCP/IP connections on localhost?Lasse Laursen9 Feb
  • Re: Performance of Sockets vs. TCP/IP connections on localhost?Alec.Cawley9 Feb
  • Which version for fastest simple inserts, selects etcPete Lancashire23 Feb
    • Re: Which version for fastest simple inserts, selects etcJoerg Bruehe23 Feb
    • Re: Which version for fastest simple inserts, selects etcGleb Paharenko23 Feb