MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hassan Schroeder Date:February 17 2005 4:48pm
Subject:Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same Computer
View as plain text
Hal Vaughan wrote:

> mysqld --port=3307 --datadir=/dbtest/mysql
> mysqld --port=3306 --datadir=/var/lib/mysql
> mysql --port=3307
> mysql --port=3306
>
> When I do this, then do a "show databases;" in either new instance of mysql
> (both are open at the same time, in separate consoles), I get the databases
> in the last version of mysqld that I specified.

Aha. Light bulb :-)

>>My preference to do this is to create a complete new config file,
>>say /etc/alt.cnf, and use that to configure the second process.
>>That way you can be relatively sure there aren't any overlapping
>>resources.
>
> I'll try that, in case config options can trump a command line.

They don't, but it's what you're *not* specifying here -- the two
processes are sharing the default "/tmp/mysql.sock" socket, I'll
wager. So the last daemon started is listening on it...

I think you'll find creating two config files will make it a *lot*
easier to get this going  :-)

FWIW!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan@stripped

                           dream.  code.

Thread
Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
  • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
    • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
      • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
        • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
          • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
            • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
              • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
        • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerKristen G. Thorson17 Feb
RE: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerSST - Adelaide)17 Feb