MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hassan Schroeder Date:February 17 2005 3:56pm
Subject:Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same Computer
View as plain text
Hal Vaughan wrote:

> I see that, but even when I bypass them, I can run 2 instances of mysqld, it
> shows up in the task list as 2 separate tasks, but they both use the data
> directory specified in the last instance I run.

Uh, that doesn't really make sense -- a *running* instance isn't
going to switch data directories because another process started
up :-)

Sounds like something in the way you're invoking this is causing
the first instance to be restarted, and then it's using the second
set of parameters.

My preference to do this is to create a complete new config file,
say /etc/alt.cnf, and use that to configure the second process.
That way you can be relatively sure there aren't any overlapping
resources.

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan@stripped

                           dream.  code.

Thread
Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
  • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
    • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
      • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
        • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
          • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
            • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
              • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
        • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerKristen G. Thorson17 Feb
RE: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerSST - Adelaide)17 Feb