List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hassan Schroeder Date:February 17 2005 3:18pm
Subject:Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same Computer
View as plain text
Hal Vaughan wrote:

> I've tried this by running 2 instances of mysqld, the first with no arguments,
> and the second like this:
>
> mysqld --port=3307 --datadir=/dbtest/mysql
>
> I have to run mysqld directly -- not through safe_mysqld
> (which /etc/init.d/mysql calls).  If I run it through safe_mysqld, I can run
> only one instance at a time, it will exit without running a new instance if
> it detects one already running.

FWIW, `/etc/init.d/mysql` and `safe_mysqld` are just shell scripts.
Hence you can copy and change them easily to run multiple versions
or instances of most software...

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan@stripped

                           dream.  code.

Thread
Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
  • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
    • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
      • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
        • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
          • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
            • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHassan Schroeder17 Feb
              • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerHal Vaughan17 Feb
        • Re: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerKristen G. Thorson17 Feb
RE: Using Different Database Groups On the Same ComputerSST - Adelaide)17 Feb