MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:February 17 2005 4:48am
Subject:Re: Mysql running as root
View as plain text
Hello.

Please tell us, in what way do you launch your MySQL server.
Send your configuration file.

> sql running as root. When I log on as root and look at the users, I do not
> see a mysql user. Do I need to create this user and what permissions does it

Log on into the server and use 'ps aux' command to check under what user account
mysqld running is. Look into /etc/passwd file to check that mysql user is
present on your system.

> the host database,etc. can these be copied to my new Linux enviroment or is
> it best to rebuild everything?

I think you should, dump your data from the live windows server with the
mysqldump program (if you don't have such, setup it and copy tables to its
data directory). And then, import your data from the dump file into the new
Linux server.

Russ <russbucket@stripped> wrote:
> I have two questions:
> 1) I'm still having trouble getting mysql to run as user mysql. All the file
> and folders have been changed to be owned by user mysql but phpadmin shows my
> sql running as root. When I log on as root and look at the users, I do not
> see a mysql user. Do I need to create this user and what permissions does it
> need? How can the files and folders be owned by a user if they do not exist?
>
> 2) When my windows environment died I was unable to dump mysql. I was able to
> recover the Data files for both tables I had (.myd, .myi and .frm) Also for
> the host database,etc. can these be copied to my new Linux enviroment or is
> it best to rebuild everything?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!!

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Mysql running as rootRuss16 Feb
  • Re: Mysql running as rootJoerg Bruehe17 Feb
  • Re: Mysql running as rootGleb Paharenko17 Feb
    • Re: Mysql running as rootRuss17 Feb
    • Re: Mysql running as rootRuss17 Feb
      • Re: Mysql running as rootKristen G. Thorson17 Feb
      • Re: Mysql running as rootJoerg Bruehe17 Feb