MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:February 13 2005 10:04am
Subject:Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?
View as plain text
Chris,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Elsworth" <chris@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 2:14 PM

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:45:46AM -0500, SGreen@stripped wrote:
>
>> Normally I do not reply to myself but I just realized that in my previous
>> response I confused COUNT(*) (which is slow for InnoDB because it always
>> does a table scan to resolve the version lock of each and every row) with
>
> Hello all,
>
> You just reminded me about this, I've been meaning to ask; are there
> any plans to "fix" this for InnoDB? It seems like quite a serious
> omission that InnoDB doesn't keep an accurate internal row count. Are
> there technical reasons why this isn't done, or is it in the TODO for
> any time soon? It's really one of the biggest things stopping me from
> switching wholly to InnoDB :(

it is in the TODO:

http://www.innodb.com/todo.php

Note that most transactional databases do not keep a row count. There are
performance reasons and technical problems in it.

> --
> Chris

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/

Thread
slow query, how can i imporve it?Shailendra Soni9 Feb
  • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen9 Feb
    • Warning: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5Chuck Herrick9 Feb
RE: slow query, how can i imporve it?Jay Blanchard9 Feb
Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen10 Feb
  • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Shailendra Soni11 Feb
    • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen11 Feb
      • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen11 Feb
        • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Chris Elsworth12 Feb
          • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Michael Stassen12 Feb
Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Heikki Tuuri13 Feb