MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Elsworth Date:February 12 2005 12:13pm
Subject:Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?
View as plain text
On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:45:46AM -0500, SGreen@stripped wrote:

> Normally I do not reply to myself but I just realized that in my previous
> response I confused COUNT(*) (which is slow for InnoDB because it always
> does a table scan to resolve the version lock of each and every row) with

Hello all,

You just reminded me about this, I've been meaning to ask; are there
any plans to "fix" this for InnoDB? It seems like quite a serious
omission that InnoDB doesn't keep an accurate internal row count. Are
there technical reasons why this isn't done, or is it in the TODO for
any time soon? It's really one of the biggest things stopping me from
switching wholly to InnoDB :(

--
Chris
Thread