MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:February 9 2005 3:02pm
Subject:Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?
View as plain text
Shailendra Soni <sonishailendra02@stripped> wrote on 02/09/2005 08:28:36
AM:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding speed of the query.
> In my application i am useing Mysql 4.0.20a-nt.
> I have 10 tables and each table contains 4000000 records
> and also 61 columns. I already created indexs on six column which are
> important for me.
>
> i fired the query on tables through servlet(thread).
> I fired same query on all tables on same time, but it has take time to
> getting result . allmost
> 7 to 10 minute .
>
> so please tell me
> how can i imporve speed of the Mysql or query?
>
> so it will take less time !
>
> Thanks
> Shailendra

Have you tried looking at this for ideas, too?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/query-speed.html

Most of us start with an EXPLAIN of the query and work from there (see
suggested reading). Check your table structures and, if the frequency of
this query justifies it, an appropriate multi-column index (not multiple
single-column indexes).

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
Thread
slow query, how can i imporve it?Shailendra Soni9 Feb
  • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen9 Feb
    • Warning: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5Chuck Herrick9 Feb
RE: slow query, how can i imporve it?Jay Blanchard9 Feb
Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen10 Feb
  • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Shailendra Soni11 Feb
    • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen11 Feb
      • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?SGreen11 Feb
        • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Chris Elsworth12 Feb
          • Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Michael Stassen12 Feb
Re: slow query, how can i imporve it?Heikki Tuuri13 Feb