MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:November 11 2004 7:34pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_table
View as plain text
Sasha,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sasha Pachev" <sasha@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 8:05 PM

> Heikki Tuuri wrote:
>> Ivan,
>>
>> hmm... could it be that segments 0 1, 0 2, 0 3, etc. were printed close
>> to the end of the output? The print routine first prints inode pages
>> that are completely used, and after that other inode pages. Since the
>> tablespace validation said the tablespace is ok, I guess the segments
>> really are there.
>>
>> Anyway, if we get the ibdata files, it should be relatively easy to find
>> out what is wrong.
>
> Heikki:
>
> If no bugs were discovered in that code for the last 4 years, we might be
> dealing with the good old problem that what you read from the disk might
> not
> always be quite what you wrote to it in the first place due to OS/hardware
> problems.

nice to hear from you :). Maybe you have time to attend MySQL Conference
2005 in Silicon Valley?

I agree, that is a possibility. But the bug is rather specific, undo logs
not being freed. That suggests an InnoDB bug in trx0*.c.

> --
> Sasha Pachev
> Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/

Thread
InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski9 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri9 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski10 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableSasha Pachev11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri21 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski23 Nov