MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John B. Ivski Date:November 11 2004 2:54am
Subject:Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_table
View as plain text
Heikki,

> the output shows that there are no dangling transactions, and purge is
> not lagging behind.

Yes, that's what I thought... weird, huh :/

> If you update a secondary index column, that requires purge to clean up
> the index.

The tables have structure similar to the following:

create table table1 (
   key1 tinyint unsigned not null default 0,
   key2 int     unsigned not null default 0,
   data1 int not null default 0,
   dataN int not null default 0,
   primary key(key1,key2)
) engine=innodb;

updates are performed like this:

insert into table table1 (key1,key2,data1,dataN)
values (...),...,(...)
on duplicate key update data1=values(data1),dataN=values(dataN)

so primary keys don't get updated...

> Please shut down mysqld, remove
>
> innodb_file_per_table
> from my.cnf, and restart mysqld. Then do
> CREATE TABLE test.t(a INT) TYPE=InnoDB;
> Then do
> SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM test;
>
> What does it print as the InnoDB free space for the table test.t? That
> is the free space in the system tablespace.

Unfortunately I won't be able to shut down the server until this weekend. Will let you
know the results.

Thanks for the advice.

Good luck,
Ivan

Thread
InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski9 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri9 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski10 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableSasha Pachev11 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri11 Nov
Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri21 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB data files keep growing with innodb_file_per_tableJohn B. Ivski23 Nov