MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:L a n a Date:November 7 2004 4:34am
Subject:mysql NOT operator
View as plain text
Hello,

Could you please tell me how I can write an sql statement in php when I'd
llike to select boolean search in one field like "except" or "NOT" result.
What I mean here is that I can execute the following:
1.  SELECT data_id from table WHERE keyword = a AND keyword =b
2. SELECT data_id from table WHERE keyword = a OR keyword =b

However, NOT operator gives an error:
3. SELECT data_id from table WHERE keyword = a NOT keyword =b ( returns sql
error)

Could you please help?
Thank you,
Lana

Thread
mysql NOT operatorL a n a7 Nov
  • RE: mysql NOT operatorDonny Simonton7 Nov
    • Tricky self join query help?Gerald Taylor10 Nov
      • Re: Tricky self join query help?SGreen10 Nov
        • Re: Tricky self join query help?Gerald Taylor10 Nov
          • Re: Tricky self join query help?Brent Baisley11 Nov
      • Re: Tricky self join query help?Brent Baisley10 Nov
  • Re: mysql NOT operatorFrederic Wenzel7 Nov
Re: mysql NOT operatorJon Stephens7 Nov