MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:November 6 2004 1:16pm
Subject:Re: sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped results
View as plain text
How will that help?  He already has a timestamp column.  He's asking how to
get the rows conataining the groupwise maximum timestamps.

Michael

Gleb Paharenko wrote:

> Hi.
> May be it will be helpful:
>   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/TIMESTAMP_4.1.html
>

> "Rob Keeling" <rob@stripped> wrote:
>
>>I am trying to find the sql statement needed to extract, from a table of
>>data with multiple instances of a id no,
>>a list of unique id nos, picking the latest (by datestamp which is stored as
>>a second field) so that a master list is updated.
>>
>>The application is a list of student photos, each database row defines the
>>filename of a photo, the student id is assigned to the
>>photo once it is known, I then need to produce a list for all photos showing
>>the details of the latest photo for each student.
>>
>>SELECT  *  FROM Photosforimport ORDER  BY adno, Lastupdatetime DESC
>>
>>Gives me the data I need, however I need to be able to just pick out the row
>>with the latest Lastupdatetime for each ADNO.
>>
>>I couldn`t find anything on google, but may have been asking the wrong
>>question!
>>
>>Any help greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Rob Keeling

Thread
sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsRob Keeling6 Nov
  • Re: sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsGleb Paharenko6 Nov
    • Re: sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsMichael Stassen6 Nov
  • Re: sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsMichael Stassen6 Nov