MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Keeling Date:November 5 2004 10:58pm
Subject:sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped results
View as plain text
I am trying to find the sql statement needed to extract, from a table of
data with multiple instances of a id no,
a list of unique id nos, picking the latest (by datestamp which is stored as
a second field) so that a master list is updated.

The application is a list of student photos, each database row defines the
filename of a photo, the student id is assigned to the
photo once it is known, I then need to produce a list for all photos showing
the details of the latest photo for each student.

SELECT  *  FROM Photosforimport ORDER  BY adno, Lastupdatetime DESC

Gives me the data I need, however I need to be able to just pick out the row
with the latest Lastupdatetime for each ADNO.

I couldn`t find anything on google, but may have been asking the wrong
question!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rob Keeling

I love deadlines.   I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
- Douglas Adams

Thread
sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsRob Keeling6 Nov
  • Re: sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsGleb Paharenko6 Nov
    • Re: sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsMichael Stassen6 Nov
  • Re: sql query to return unique ids from a table of date stamped resultsMichael Stassen6 Nov