List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Richardson Date:October 21 2004 1:45am
Subject:Re: B-tree index question
View as plain text
If you are using MyISAM tables, have you thought about using MERGE
tables instead? You could partition your table into several smaller
tables. I don't know how the performance would be on a billion record
table, but from my understanding it would shrink your index down.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MERGE.html

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:09:43 +0100, Phil Bitis <philbitis@stripped> wrote:
> Thanks for the informative reply Sergei,
>
> We're actually just using an INT field at the moment, we were going to move
> over to BIGINT when we start using 64-bit MySQL (soon).
> Do you know where I should look for information on writing our own table
> handler?
>
> Thanks,
> -Phil
Thread
B-tree index questionPhil Bitis19 Oct
  • Re: B-tree index questionmos20 Oct
  • Re: B-tree index questionSergei Golubchik20 Oct
    • Re: B-tree index questionMads Kristensen21 Oct
      • Re: B-tree index questionSergei Golubchik21 Oct
  • Re: B-tree index questionPhil Bitis20 Oct
  • Re: B-tree index questionPhil Bitis20 Oct
    • Re: B-tree index questionGary Richardson21 Oct
  • Re: B-tree index questionPhil Bitis21 Oct