MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:October 20 2004 2:38pm
Subject:Re: Commercial Licensing Question
View as plain text
Jigal,

>but the current license seems require a
>commercial license only if you distribute MySQL with your commercial
>product.

I'm sorry, but I believe your statement is incorrect. If you distribute an
application (outside of the GPL) that requires MySQL to run (whether you
distribute the MySQL engine or not), then the person receiving the
application needs a commercial MySQL license. It doesn't matter if it is a
commercial application or a free application, or an application you are
distributing worldwide or even within your own organization,  or if you are
distributing MySQL engine with your application or not. If your application
requires MySQL to run, and you distribute that application outside of the
GPL, then you need a MySQL license.

Here it is directly from MySQL.Com
http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/
>If you distribute a proprietary application in any way, and you are not
>licensing and distributing your source code under GPL, you need to
>purchase a commercial license of MySQL

Mike

Thread
Commercial Licensing QuestionSujith Manuel20 Oct
  • RE: Commercial Licensing QuestionGraham Cossey20 Oct
  • Re: Commercial Licensing QuestionJigal van Hemert20 Oct
    • Re: Commercial Licensing Questionmos20 Oct
      • Re[2]: Commercial Licensing QuestionDebugasRu20 Oct
  • Re: Commercial Licensing QuestionJigal van Hemert20 Oct
  • Re: Commercial Licensing QuestionEgor Egorov22 Oct