List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eldo Skaria Date:October 19 2004 6:01pm
Subject:Re: Text field how to handle aliases
View as plain text
Hi,

For this only RDBMS came into being.
You keep your master data in a table with relevent descriptions,
codify the item. Use the code in other location. In qa web page always
search against/show the full desc of what others require. Add a
category like school/university/pre-matric etc. this could simplify
the visitor to make logical and correct naming methods.
In a nutshell when accepting info from  users, show them the full
desc/ask them write the full desc, add a category. I hope this could
solve ur problem.