MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Zanella Date:September 28 2004 10:17pm
Subject:backup question: INSERT statements
View as plain text
Hello,

I need to backup a mysql database in such a way that the output is
simply a bunch of insert statements. I do not want the database
schema as output as well: just the insert statements. This is
because I already have a script with CREATE statements and
would like to rebuild the database from scratch: since I
need to modify the schema and table structure I prefer
this approach than using ALTER TABLE, given that the
database data size is small and rebuilding from
scratch could add some efficiency.

So how do I get this with myqldump. I just want the
insert statements and the data.

Thanks!!!

Neil

Thread
backup question: INSERT statementsNeil Zanella29 Sep
  • Re: backup question: INSERT statementsPaul DuBois29 Sep