MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Lazor Date:September 28 2004 7:07pm
Subject:RE: increasing mysql/table performance..
View as plain text
> Um.. Are you serious? thats all you do, create indexes?

Ok, I'm assuming familiarity with efficient schema design since joins are
being used.  I'm excluding factors like system hardware, system load, OS,
MySQL performance tuning, etc..

And by efficient schema design, I'm referring to proper separation of data
into tables that minimize storage requirements, minimize data redundancy,
and promote general flexibility.

For example, using separate tables for employees and states and putting a
StateID in the employee table, rather than storing the entire state name in
each employee record, and making sure that StateID uses a small integer
since you can assume that you're working with a set number of states.

Like I mention tho, this is probably considered basic stuff.

-Ed

Thread
increasing mysql/table performance..bruce28 Sep
  • RE: increasing mysql/table performance..Ed Lazor28 Sep
  • Re: increasing mysql/table performance..Jeff Mathis28 Sep
Re: increasing mysql/table performance..Jeff Smelser28 Sep
  • RE: increasing mysql/table performance..Ed Lazor28 Sep
  • Re: increasing mysql/table performance..SGreen28 Sep
RE: increasing mysql/table performance..bruce28 Sep