MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Smelser Date:September 28 2004 6:19pm
Subject:Re: increasing mysql/table performance..
View as plain text
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 01:02 pm, Ed Lazor wrote:
> I usually create an index for each criteria being checked against in the
> SQL statements.
>
> For example, for this query
>
> Select * from products where ProductID = 'aeg8557'
>
> I'd create an index on ProductID.  The same thing applies if you're pulling
> data from multiple tables.
>
> For this query:
>
> Select products.ID, products.Title, categories.Title from products,
> categories where products.ID = '5' AND products.CategoryID = categories.ID
>
> I'd make sure that products.ID, products.CategoryID, and categories.ID all
> have an index.

Um.. Are you serious? thats all you do, create indexes?

Jeff

increasing mysql/table performance..bruce28 Sep
  • RE: increasing mysql/table performance..Ed Lazor28 Sep
  • Re: increasing mysql/table performance..Jeff Mathis28 Sep
Re: increasing mysql/table performance..Jeff Smelser28 Sep
  • RE: increasing mysql/table performance..Ed Lazor28 Sep
  • Re: increasing mysql/table performance..SGreen28 Sep
RE: increasing mysql/table performance..bruce28 Sep