MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Lazor Date:September 28 2004 6:02pm
Subject:RE: increasing mysql/table performance..
View as plain text
I usually create an index for each criteria being checked against in the SQL
statements.

For example, for this query

Select * from products where ProductID = 'aeg8557'

I'd create an index on ProductID.  The same thing applies if you're pulling
data from multiple tables.

For this query:

Select products.ID, products.Title, categories.Title from products,
categories where products.ID = '5' AND products.CategoryID = categories.ID

I'd make sure that products.ID, products.CategoryID, and categories.ID all
have an index.

-Ed

Thread
increasing mysql/table performance..bruce28 Sep
  • RE: increasing mysql/table performance..Ed Lazor28 Sep
  • Re: increasing mysql/table performance..Jeff Mathis28 Sep
Re: increasing mysql/table performance..Jeff Smelser28 Sep
  • RE: increasing mysql/table performance..Ed Lazor28 Sep
  • Re: increasing mysql/table performance..SGreen28 Sep
RE: increasing mysql/table performance..bruce28 Sep