MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stuart Felenstein Date:September 28 2004 1:22pm
Subject:Data fields from one database to another
View as plain text
I want to move over 2 - 4 fields from a table in one
database , to a table in another.  The field names are
not an exact match but they function identically (i.e.
username, password)

Whatever I'm using , web development garbage program
;) won't allow me to connect to 2 different databases
so I can't do an update or insertion through that
means.

Wondering how I script something like that, and
probably prefer a way to do it on the fly with each
new sign up , or batched on a regular basis aka, every
hour , every few hours.

Thank you,
Stuart
Thread
Data fields from one database to anotherStuart Felenstein28 Sep
  • RE: Data fields from one database to anotherTim Hayes28 Sep
    • RE: Data fields from one database to anotherStuart Felenstein28 Sep