List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:August 25 2004 8:44pm
Subject:Re: Can append word into varchar column in Update statement?
View as plain text
Yes, UPDATE ... SET... is exactly what you would use. Just set the column
to be the combined value of the two values.
Please read: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/UPDATE.html

UPDATE tablename
SET fieldname = 'new list of values that you wanted'
WHERE _where_conditions_

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine