MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Whil Hentzen Date:August 7 2004 8:04pm
Subject:Re: Uninstalling MySQL
View as plain text
On Friday 06 August 2004 19:49, environmentalny@stripped wrote:
> Greetings... How do I uninstall MySQL under linux (i have Fedora Core 2)...
> i will be installing a new version of it...
>
> I have 3.23 currently and will replace it with 4. Please Help Thanks

I just did this a couple of weeks ago myself, with your same situation (where
3.23 was installed along with the usual server stuff w/ FC2).

The online doc at www.mysql.com (select Developer Zone, then Documentation)
has a section that describes where all of the files are for various types of
installations.

2.1.5 Installation layouts

I used these tables to find all the old mysql stuff and just deleted them all.
Then I installed 4 via RPMs and it's been working like a champ since.

I wrote up my experiences here:
   http://www.hentzenwerke.com/wp/mysql_installation.htm
Feedback on the whitepaper would be appreciated if it works for you (or
doesn't.)

--
Whil

Moving to Linux: Freedom, Choice, Security, Opportunity
http://www.hentzenwerke.com

Thread
Uninstalling MySQLenvironmentalny7 Aug
  • Re: Uninstalling MySQLMichael Weiner7 Aug
  • Re: Uninstalling MySQLWhil Hentzen7 Aug
  • Re: Uninstalling MySQLEgor Egorov10 Aug
Re: Uninstalling MySQLenvironmentalny7 Aug